Spring is here, and the desire of fresh air is growing. It is the right moment to go out of your student residence and… to start running!
We know that it could be not so easy to do that, and for this reason we have a few advices for you.
- Start slowly, but with a specific goal in mind. Set a final goal (maybe 5/10/20 kilometres, or 30/45/60 minutes) and develop a strategy for gradually reaching it. For example, you can begin alternating a few minutes running with some walk, until you progressively abolish the walk. Especially if you are a first-time runner, do not push your limits, you could harm your body.
- Make yourself comfortable (not on the couch). Find out what is the most comfortable apparel for your needs: wide, tight, heavy, or light. Feeling at ease can make a real difference for your performance. Important: remember to run with proper shoes.
- Spot your adrenaline trigger. To feel less fatigue, you should select a fierce playlist. Electronic rhythms or pop music, RnB or Italian classics, to each their own musical genre! You can find here some inspiration.
- Engage a friend. It is not important whether you are on the same fitness level or not. Involving someone, perhaps from your student residence, will help you during moments of discouragement. Be careful, especially if you are a lazy person, try to find a motivated partner, able to get you up even when you really do not want to go running.
- Reward yourself for every goal you reach. Nothing is better than indulging in some whim. Be careful: rewarding yourself do not mean use your training as an excuse for buying, eating or doing everything you want without limits! An example? Treat yourself with a home-spa treatment or spoil yourself with something delicious.
- Be consistent. You will not be able to run a marathon in two weeks… it will take months of practice! To be consistent is crucial, especially when we talk about running. At the beginning it can be fatiguing, but once in your routine, running will become a very satisfying pleasure.
Stop waiting! Set your goals, get ready, involve some guests from your In-Domus student residence and start running!!