Staying in shape during lockdown is possible, even in Milan… and even comfortably from the bed of your In-Domus Campus.
Athletes or not, in this article you will find some easy but effective workout you can have right from your comfy bed.
- Sit on the edge of the bed, raise your legs parallel to the floor. Extend your legs and then bring them to chest. Repeat it.
- Still on the edge of the bed and with legs raised, parallel to the ground, lift them alternating right and left. Be careful not to touch the floor with your feet.
- One more time, sit on the edge with your legs extended in front of you, hold with your hand an object of desired weight (water bottles, books…) and bring it to the right and then to the left, twisting your torso. Repeat the exercise.
Legs and glutes
- Everyone knows what a squat is. But why do not squat in front of the bed? With your back addressed to the bed, stand in front of it with your legs apart, hips width or a little bit more. Squat until touching the bed… stand up. If you want to intensify the exercise, hold a pillow with your hand and extend your arms in front of you. While doing a squat, raise your arms over your head, and then get back to the initial position.
- Lay on your side with one leg above the other. Keeping your legs tense, raise towards the ceiling the one not touching the bed and bring it back to the initial position. Repeat the exercise, also on the other side.
- – Still in the same position, lift the leg not touching the bed to the ceiling, extend the foot and draw some circles with it, clockwise and anti-clockwise. Repeat with the other leg.
- Sit on the bed, feet on the ground and spine straight, hold two objects of desired weight, one in the right hand and one in the left. Extend your arms forward and then open them, do not bend your spine, and keep your arms parallel to the floor.
- Starting from the same position, lower your arms until touching the bed, and again raise them up. Remember to keep them always extended.
- Finally, while in front of the bed, put your arms behind you on the edge of the bed, with your glutes raised from the floor. Pushing with your arms, increase the space between your body and the ground and then get back in the first position. Repeat the exercise without sitting on the floor.
Also join the on-line workout by In-Domus, in partnership with NIDO Student. Have a look at the scheduling.
And do not forget to take the stairs instead of elevator! Find out the great benefits you can obtain.